Macaroni meets Roast Beef.....

Friday, January 09, 2009

Halloween

Wow, I really am falling behind with this blog, such a pain not having broadband yet, takes an age just to upload one photo but here goes with next lot.

Here's Luca trying out his school uniform and bag the day before the first day of term. He was particularly pleased with his shoes, his first pair with lights in the heel (and quite possibly his last considering how much they cost!).








Luca's now just started his second term and everything is going well so far. A few problems with writing and untidiness but he probably gets that from me so can't be too hard on him!

This year I decided to throw a halloween party for Luca, Amy, Tanya and some of the kids from Tetto Piano. It provided an outlet for my ceative streak and was far more interesting than the usual day to day shopping and cleaning chores. Luca and I had great fun making bats and ghosts and spiders to decorate the house with and even more so when we were naming party food and drinks eg giant mole eyeballs (mini mozzarellas), vampires' blood (red orange juice), pigs ears (triangular crisps)etc. Found so many ideas for games on the internet that I wished we had a bigger house to enable us to play them all but needless to say the kids seemed to have a good time on the night and I may even do another one next year!



Luca in his vampire bat costume. He'd conveniently lost his two top front teeth so no need to buy any false fangs as it already looked like he had some!









Tanya the mouse takes a nibble on a breadstick









Amy, "the cat's whiskers" in her costume.










Just a few of the witches who invaded our house on October 31st!








Our pumpkin lantern, scary but cute!







A word about Amy and pumpkins..............
Everybody who meets Amy always comments on what a chatterbox she is but few get to hear her wonderful mix ups with words. Every day for quite a while she would chatter away about Luca and the "pumpkin" and I wouldn't have a clue what she was going on about. Then suddenly it dawned on me that she'd confused "pumpkin" with "pulmino", the schoolbus that Luca gets every day! Once the snow arrived, she then started calling snowmen "pumpkins" and in one home video she adamantly insists that a tower of snow is a pumpkin not a snowman. Other memorable mix ups include every christmas tree being refered to as a "pharmacy" and "Cinderella" being called "Thunderella" and on one occasion "Mozzarella"!! The other day she was yelling at me and I could have sworn she was saying "Margaret Thatcher" but hadn't any inkling where she'd got that one from. Even Tanya joined in so they were chorusing it together "Maggot Thacher! Maggot Thacher!". Of course, once I'd sussed it out it was obvious. They weren't wanting to watching the BBC's latest on the Iron Lady but a far more entertaining dvd entitled "Madagascar"! And whilst shopping in Mckays in Heswall she very cutely refered to the shop assistants as "ladybirds" after I'd talked about paying the lady for our things. I can't wait for the next little mix up............



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home